Men's Skin Care, Shaving & Grooming Forum
Welcome to TheMetroMan.com - Men's Skin Care & Shaving Forum. Here you will find answers to all your Men's Skin Care and Shaving questions. Please login and join the conversation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

need assistance with shaving and product selection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocketman122

PostSubject: need assistance with shaving and product selection   Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 am

I currently use a mach3 disposable blade for shaving and use a dermatologist anti-bacterial soap then use edge sensitive shaving gel.

I get red marks and small bumps here and there at the bottom of my chin/neck area, mostly in the outer areas where the skin is straight.

It doesnt help that im a bodybuilder (6' 210) and take steroids which brings out acne here and there. I have oily skin because of the injections as well. I also ride a bike and wear a helmet which also brings out acne here and there from sweating. only in the forehead area and the jawline..but nothing hysterical. I shave every other day. sometimes every day if I go on a date. I also use aloe vera once in a while (it says 100% AV on it)

When I place the edge gel on my face I can feel it burning my skin. and shaving makes it feel like my face is on fire. I dont get that with the soap but I decided I want a product that wont burn, help make the razor glide better and something thats attainable (meaning abundant stock-so I dont have to change products all the time), not too expensive, and that I can buy online and ship overseas. something thats made for oily sensitive skin.

I am fairly happy with the mach3 blades, so I dont want to change that. also I dont want a hard soap/ brush combo. a foam/gel or gel would be great.

Thank you all in advance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocketman122

PostSubject: Re: need assistance with shaving and product selection   Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:57 am

is it always this quiet around here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Ouch:(   Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:29 am

RocketMan,
We see no problem with the Mach3 razor. It is a quality blade, just because some have come out with 5 and 6 blade razors does not mean this one isnt good.

I'm thinking you are getting razor burn and ingrown hairs do to the shaving products you are using. Soap was never designed to double as shaving cream. It is way too harsh for your skin right after a blade as shaved the top layer off of it.

I would personally try Billy Jealousy Hydroplane Shave Cream. It is a silicone based shaving gel that is really slick and allows the blade to glide across your face.

I would also recommend Shaveworks The Cool Fix as an aftershave. It was specially designed to help treat and prevent Razor burn and ingrown hairs.

The combination of both of these products should have you cleared up in a week or so. They are always in stock and always readily available online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://themetroman.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need assistance with shaving and product selection   

Back to top Go down

need assistance with shaving and product selection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1